If you want to get many down lights on your project or want to keep just a single down light. But their features are all the same. Might be some good brands cab give better services. If you intend to change your down light then maybe this article will guide you to find the best down light for you. All you need to spend some time to go through the article and thus you will find some ideas to get the best down light for you.
Before changing your existing leadlight, you should follow the tips discussed below:
- First, you need to fix the coverage areas. That means whether you like to cover a big area or small. For small areas, you can use ceiling 250lm and for a larger area, you need at least 1500 lm.
- Then you need to check the dimming of your light. Remarkable lights that have dimming support were some lights that need to be added on. But unfortunately, many lights don’t support dimming.
- You might know LED s come with a shade of white light which is called CCT. This CCT can affect the atmosphere. Some led has one CCT where brands like Triton have three CCTs that can provide versatility to fit different moods and applications.
- LEDs can vary their color rendering how easily they can make colors look. CRI is the main thing that can ensure the adjustability of your color. Higher CRI can give true and richer colors.
- You must check the components they used for making an LED light. A brand like Samsung ensures quality components which can be given long term services.
- The beam angle is another important thing you need to consider. A wider beam angle can ensure wider area coverage. beam area also can help to make light quality enhancements.
- Another thing you need to keep in mind is glare. If your light provides low ceiling and narrower beam then you must change the light to avoid the glare.
- It is another important fact to be considered. You have to check the IC rating carefully. An Ic-4 rated led can provide more safety than others. If you can’t check then you can follow some of our previous articles.
- Finally, check if the light fitting has the right diameter or not. When you install light to make sure that you’re light comes with a proper power plug.
Now let’ see how you change your downlight without any help from your electrician. The steps are given below:
A down light with spring clips can be changed in the flowing process:
- First, take out the spring globe and then drop down on the lamp holder.
- Now if the light is 12 V rated then hold the lamp holder in one hand and pull the globe out on the other hand. If the light is 240 V rated then hold the lamp holder in one hand and turn the globe anticlockwise so that it will come out.
- Replace the globe and keep it on a lamp holder.
Now if the down light comes with twist front faceplate then the process is like:
- First, use two fingers against the lugs on the faceplate and turn this. It will be spared from the lamp holder.
- If the globe is attached with a metal clip twist the globe to fetch it out.
- Replace the globe the same as the downlight with spring clips.
And the way of changing down light where the faceplate comes off:
- First, use your fingerprint and gently pry the faceplate.
- If the globe drops down with the lamp holder attached then remove it from the previous instruction
- And the rest of the things will remain the same.